This fuel pump is the same as our “fuel pump standard” except that once we get them into our shop, we completely disassemble the units and perform the following:
- Check for any casting flashing and grind smooth any blemishes if required.
- Tap out all phasing holes (some are left blank on the standard units).
- Linish and hand polish the rocker arm tip for minimum friction against the camshaft.
- Add a pair of high quality brass 1/8npt barbs instead of the pressed fit style barbs into the original casting.
- We also test the pump and check that they are functioning as they should be.
See below the description of our "Fuel pump standard"
Suitable for a 1300 or 1600 Kent engine, this pump is designed to be a cost-efficient option to replace the original pressed-tin style Ford item.
The spring loaded rocker arm provides a low friction setting against the camshaft. Being mechanical, the fuel flow is relative to the engine speed, this particular pump is more than capable of handling the fuel demand for a Formula Ford racing engine running at high RPM with a 32/36 Weber carb. Ideal for fast road or Standard kent 1600 engines.
This unit fits within the Australian Formula Ford 1600 technical regulations (legal to use in that category).